Saturday, March 28, 2009

Weekend

So yesterday was pretty interesting. I had my first volunteer shift at the Red Cross charity store in Sherwood. The ladies working there are great and they have some awesome stuff there! Basically I got shown around and was taught how to use the cash register, very easy stuff to handle pretty much. So anyway, I got to learn about how things get sorted as well and as a bonus I can pretty much read any book they have and bring it back whenever. So at the moment I have some vampire one about stereotypes and vampire movies which will really come in handy when I get around to writing my film documentary script for the IB. Anyway, Laurel, the supervisor that was there asked what I was interested in or if there was anything that I maybe wanted them to keep an eye out for if it was donated and I was like, "Well, I don't suppose you receive any Polaroid cameras..?" and she said that they sometimes get them and she'll definately let me know! That totally saves me like $$$$ for buying one off ebay ;)
After I finished my shift at 1pm, mum picked me up and we went home for a few hours until dad asked if I wanted to go to the gym today. YESSSS. I really like the gym haha. I didn't know if I'd like it that much but it's really enjoyable (even though, as I right this, my bi-ceps and arse are aching!). I did my full workout (upper and lower body + abs) as well as 15 minutes riding a bike machine (I did 4km!). I drove home (took the long way so I ended up with another 30 minutes written in my log book) and then that was pretty much it for the day. Besides studying for my math exam (9am tomorrow!!).

I didn't get as much sleep as I was hoping last night, but I suppose I got enough. I had a random nose bleed at like 5am which really pissed me off because someone had stolen my box of tissues during the week so in the dark (because I would have blinded myself if I had turned my light on) ~ okay by in the dark I actually mean with my phone light ~ I managed to get to my cosmetics draw on the other side of my messy room and pull out a travel pack of tissues. I don't think I've ever been so thankful to have gone to Adelaide in mid-January otherwise I would have not had those tissues! I fell asleep with one stuck up my nose. Not that you wanted to know that or anything but I thought I might add that I now have no knowledge as to where that tissue has ended up.. I'm sure I'll come across it sometime tonight when it comes to me going to bed.
Today was the day that people were coming over in celebration of Victoria's 19th birthday which was last Tuesday, the 17th of March. Supposedly we were going to have some kind of celebration last weekend but due to Bree and my commitments as Short Stack crew, that's how this came about hah. I put up with a few hours of family small-talk and such and I had a nice chat with my cousin Adrian, who actually lives in Canberra but is up here after a trip to India (his parents live like one minute walk away from my place). The chat with Adrian was mostly about music and how his girlfriend in Canberra is now the editor to their equivelant of Brisbane's RAVE magazine. Yes, I am quite the jealous bean. One of the perks she gets is tickets to pretty much any show she wants, depending on the venue usually, but she also gets to do interviews with some great musicians including The Flaming Lips.
Just as that conversation was dying down, Bree arrived from work :)
We talked about heaps of stuff then decided that the lights we were sitting under were similar to that of interagation lamps so we went upstairs to watch Gossip Girl and some of the MTV AVMA's which occured on Friday evening. Had to go down for cake-time, then we went back upstairs for another 10 minutes then decide to ditch the party and go for a drive. Macca's was our destination but to our dismay, they decided to kill our hopes and had signs up saying that EFTPOS was unavailable. Their loss. Hungry Jacks at Mt. Ommaney was our next option where we sat for about 30 minutes. Me with my Whopper + Cheese w/out meat and Bree with her Bacon Deluxe haha.
Finally decided to get home and found out that the family had all gone home so we sat in my room for a bit and decided to make more jewellery! We made a piana ring each which sits across three fingers as well as a pink diamond necklace and a gumball necklace. Definately repping my stash at art camp on Stradbroke Island this Saturday. Point is, it was a good afternoon.

Nonetheless, I have another hour of study time left before I have to go to bed and I actual don't want to be studying right now. Unfortunately my math exam is at 9am tomorrow morning so I can't ditch class and study then. Hopefully I'll be able to convince one of the head people at my academy to let me treat the day similar to a block exam and sit in a class room or in the IRC to study and do assignments otherwise my week is going to look like a failure.

No comments: