Monday, June 22, 2009

hey stranger

My internet has been dead for the past three or so days so I'm finally back online (other than on my hiptop)!! Hello, hello. Some days I come on here just to check updates and comments and today recieving a comment on my most recent post from anonymous has I suppose pursuaded me to just give you an update.

Quote:
Anonymous said...
Time to update?
:)

So anyways, my weekend was amazing.
Friday afternoon, after my 1hr 15min business management exam, I went to the city for a bit of shopping. First I went to David Jones in Queens Plaza to see if they had Sephora makeup, in particular the Kat Von D range.. unfortunately they didn't :(
- so if you happen to know where they sell it, tell me!!
Anyways, after that I met up with Elisha (who like half of the year12 cohort had a 5 day break from school because they did a 2year business course instead of 3year like Nat and I). We were in town to buy Nicki and James T's birthday present. Before purchasinggg we had chips from Nandos where we saw Tom and Jess and so we ate together for a bit before realising that I was going to have to leave real soon. We bought Nicki the movie 'Milk'. She has been raving about wanting to see it so figured it would be perfect. Then we bought James T. a bunch of various items (including a 7-day hair accessory set, silly string and candy erasers). In the Reject Shop, Elisha and I bumped into Sophie and Clare and then shortly after Maddie and Nicki.
After shopping I had to leave but saw James C. and Franky before leaving just to say hey seeing as it had been a while since I'd seen him. Yes, James C. as in my ex-boyfriend. Was nice to see them and I introduced them to Elisha, Maddie and Nicki. Got a bit awkward because it was quick and so I pretty much was like heyyyy, bye haha.

Saturday! I didn't too much during the day except for a bit of cleaning up in my room (my Nanna and Pa are visiting this week sometime from Mildura~ maybe Wednesday to Friday?). Anyways so I had to be at the Hive (location: Valley PCYC) by 5pm for set-up and such for doing the door.. which meant that I needed to catch the 4:12pm train to actually get there on time. Got there around 4:50pm and thought that NO ONE was going to be there because the lights were off. Entered the building anyway and found Tim upstairs. So weird because I recogised him and perhaps thought he was Tim from the Vampirates because they had a similar look but it was actually Tim from the Hive haha. Wooooops (sorry Tim!). He was so easy to get along with (: Oh and revisiting the 'weird' factor~ he thought he had met me before, but now that I think about it I'm sure we've bumped into each other at the other Hive venue. Anyway, Kass arrived a little later and things were going well. The bands (City Inspire, The Vampirates, City Escape and Hey:Carlisle) all arrived and were heaps nice. City Inspire played first and kind of had a Angels&Airwaves feel to their music. I took some photos of them and The Vampirates (the pictures are on the Hive camera so hopefully I can get those from Chloe!). Between City Inspire and The Vampirates I went and spoke to Tim from The Vampirates and we had a quick catch-up before he went to play his set.
Ok so basically with Tim, I've known him for yearsss. I first met him when 919 (now know as Amber Calling) came here.. which was when I was like 12 or something crazy young like that. He was their roadie and also played bass for a few of the songs that Harvey (bass player at the time) wasn't heaps confident about. He also came up here with his old band The Borderland.
Anyways, The Vampirates were amazing. I think I prefer them live to their CD, but nevertheless they were so good. Lots of fun! I was heaps buzzing after and was heaps keen to purchase one of their shirts (I only had like $20 on me so I didn't have enough for cd also). Ryan, the lead singer, was sitting on the couch behind the merch desk and so I congratulated him on the show then asked for a shirt. Whilst he was rummaging through the boxes of shirts to find one that would actually fit (other than the massively large small that they had) I mentioned that I met him at Syke back in January briefly. And he actually remembered it hahah (ahhh I miss January). So we had a big chat about how I came to be in Adelaide by myself and how I knew the Porcaro's and then Tim came and we all had a good chat. I managed to get a CD and Tshirt from the boys for $20 (ohh benefitss haha) and then had to let them get packed and leave because they had to be at Thriller within like 30 minutes. I bumped into their manager, whose name I thought was Ryan because I swear that Rob introduced me to him as Ryan!! Anyway, he also remembered me from hanging out around We Are Godzilla with all those people there (did I mention that I miss January?!). His name's Nic. Was good to say hey to them all!
Somewhere before this (I think?) I had a big chat with Tim (the one doing sound, yeh) about what he does and what I do, etc. He was really into the music production side of things and actually works for a company that helps bands and artists to get their music onto iTunes and with various companys. I have a bunch of his business cards so if you're interested let me know and I'll pass it on ;)
After they left I helped Kass to make all of the artist/crew tags (by make I mean laminate) for Fete De La Musique (getting to that). So I didn't quite watch City Escape, although I did hear them and was fair impressed. I got to speak to a couple of the members of the band and actually made one of them run like 5 minutes to get to a shop for the float change at the start of the night (they were providing it so it was called for). And then gave the pay to one of them before they left. The guy was heaps nice! We were just chatting about stuff and then he got pulled away by someone else in the band :(
So Hey:Carlisle were the last to take the stage (well, floor) and so after packing up what could be done I joined Tenille and Emma (who were 2/3 of the people standing) to watch the rest of their set. As usual, impressed. Had a chat with the girls for a bit, mostly about Adelaide and what I'm doing next year and about how they went to all of the All Time Low shows! Well actually, it mostly started with that because they were saying that they said hey to Dave when they were there. Davo (lead singer of H:C) came over and started to chat with them and so I went off to finish closing the venue up, trying to hint to people to leave haha.
Finally got around to leaving around 10:20 (I think that was the time?). Kass drove me to the railway station and then I caught a train and bus home (stupid track work) and got home around 11pm. I didn't end up sleeping until about 1am!!

Sunday. Woke up at 6am (yes, it actually exists on a Sunday, omg) and didn't get out of bed until 6:20am. I was ridiculously tired and finally got ready by 7am, wearing my blue denim skinnys, Vampirates tshirt, Anthem hoodie and black dunlops. Arrived at South Bank at 7:20am and met up with the Hive volunteer crew at the Piazza. We really didn't do too much until about 9am as it was mostly watching the stage people setting up the stage in a totally inappropriate space of the Piazza (some old people complained to me about it because they didn't want to sit on the steps to watch the bands.. ppssssshhhh). By the time the bands started playing there was quite a crowd gathered and there was definately a constant buzz throughout the afternoon. Highlight was most definately Cyrus. I spent quite a bit of my afternoon sitting with them (Andrew and Cameron) in the backstage area just chatting about anything. The boys left during Finabah and so I sat watching the rest of their set with two other Hive volunteers (ahhh sorry girls; Sarah and...? I'm the worst when it comes to names of people I don't really know). After the show finished I went and handed out a bunch of Starving Kids Records mix CD's. I gave one to a girl who seemed really familiar and realised it was a girl called Jess from myspace! We've been talking a while now and it was pretty cool to finally meet her. I also gave her like 40 flyers for the Short Stack show in July. Then Trav came up and started chatting with us and was dissing Short Stack.. but that happens hey! We were discussing how he was called a dyke at his work because apparently that's what he looked like from behind haha. Then the guitarist of Finabah joined in and the conversation went back to Short Stack. I get the point, guys who are like mid-20's aren't fans, especially if they've been involved with music for the past 5 years or whatever. Anyway, I left after about 10 minutes so I could make the train home! And I somehow did! I left South Bank on a bus at like 5:22 and got to Roma St. 10 minutes later and had to power walk to my platform haha.
When I got home I realised that my sisters best friend Tanya had moved in! It's so weird to have her here permanately, but at least she's a good friend and like a sister to me. I think my actual sister got a bit annoyed because mum, dad and I were all talking to Tanya and not her.. Eh.

Today. Another early morning, 6:30am. Haha, ok so I should really be used to that kind of morning but even after 2 and a half years of being at the academy I still am not used to having to get up at a stupid time just to make sure that travel fits into my "schedule". Anyway, so I got to school around 8:20am and sat alone in the refectory dining area and did some more study. Nat got to school at like 8:30am and joined me for my cram session. We then went upstairs to level 6 just so we could be near the exam room and chill before everyone else came.
The exam went really well! I finished the questions with about 20 minutes to spare. So considering my writing today was ridiculously messy I tried to re-write it but it was taking to long so I didn't even write a page of neatness. I'm not sure how I'll go but hopefully it'll be decent!
After the exam the principal talked to the SL business students (the HL's were still completing their exam) about a dinner offer and movies at the academy this Thursday night! Pretty sure it'll be nice to just chill after a busy term and such. So those plans are locked in. After that discussion, Nat and I went and spoke to him about formal dates. He said yes to her bringing her boyfriend Josh and to me bringing Lewis. So things are set.

So now my blog is relatively updated! For the weekend anyway (:

No comments: